Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm Very Busy and Important!!!

I'm very busy and important!! I like that phrase. It completely sums up my life in Tajikistan. I've been here for three and a half months now the longer I'm here the busier I am. Every day presents new challenges and surprises. When I do have down time though I like to watch lighthearted movies where I don't have to think too much so psychological thrillers are out of the question. It takes too much brainpower to live and work here and I don't want to think/work when I'm relaxing either. This leads me to the point. For so many years I thought I was too busy for a relationship. I WAS busy but it was because I was trying to get a particular point where I could feel comfortable in my career and happy with what I was doing. I'm so happy with my work right now and I thought once I reached this point that a relationship would be easy. But now that I'm happy with my work I've found that a relationship right now would be a total disaster for me. I'm very busy and important here!! I've never known busy-ness like this before. I'm literally a celeb except people don't want autographs, they want my TIME and attention and every time I make an appearance somewhere there's a photo shoot afterwards where EVERYONE has to be in the picture. It's pretty cool and I like it. I actually like it so much that I realized that I could never have time to be in a relationship in Tajikistan. I gave my number to ONE Tajik guy in the past 3 1/2 months and he texted me every day asking "Where are you? What are you doing?" Okay that was ANNOYING!!! Text me and invite me somewhere...not to find out where I am. Tajik men can't understand that I'm very busy and important!!! I don't even have time to do my laundry or clean my apartment! The difference is that women in Tajikistan AREN'T busy making a difference in Tajikistan and AREN'T important So unless a nice western man comes along and overlooks the GORGEOUS Tajik women, it looks like I'll be single for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment